The Department of Transportation requires that certain physical requirements must be met in order to qualify for driving specific vehicles in Minnesota. Starting in 2014 it will be required to be certified in order to perform a physical exam for these drivers. In order to become certified the doctor must have the proper education and pass an exam. This will limit the number of physicians who are able to perform these DOT exams.
Dr. Jacob Conway is certified to perform these DOT exams in Northfield MN!
What should be expected in a DOT exam?
- Blood pressure check (<140/90)
- Eye exam
- Basic hearing exam
- Neurological screening
- Heart and lung exam
- Urine test – This will test for glucose, blood, and proteins in the urine as well as specific gravity
How can you tell if you examiner is certified?
Why is Dr. Conway a great fit for my DOT?
- Dr. Conway is dedicated to the safety of MN roads
- Dr. Conway is dedicated to health and will make sure that each and every health concern that sprouts from the exam is discussed
- Dr. Conway is very caring during the exam
- Dr. Conway can often get a DOT physical as a same day appointment
How can I make an appointment?
- The best method for making an appointment for a DOT exam in Northfield is to call our office 507-645-8000. Our friendly staff will lead you through the process
Is there a drug test with a DOT exam?
- There is NOT a drug test with a DOT exam; however, some companies require this exam
- Dr. Conway does not perform alcohol and drug screenings