Dr. Bridget is a board-certified acupuncturist as well as a chiropractor. Dr. Bridget used multiple techniques, including acupuncture with electric stimulation, dry needling, and cupping.
The benefits of acupuncture have helped the world's people for thousands of years. Acupuncture helps promote the body to naturally heal itself by stimulating acupuncture points along meridians and neurological receptors along with the musculoskeletal system. These points and receptors further alert the central nervous system to create healing chemicals, relax over spastic muscles, trigger weak muscles to work correctly, and regulate hormones.
Some specific issues that patients wish to use acupuncture/dry needling/cupping to help relieve include:
- General stress/anxiety
- Back, neck, joint, and nerve pain like sciatica and other radiculopathies
- Muscle pain and spasms (chronic and acute)
- Sleep issues (broken sleep patterns/difficulty falling asleep)
- Headaches and migraines
- Mental clarity and energy
- Hormonal/menstrual irregularities including fertility and enhancing thyroid function
- Digestive issues
- Addictive issues
- Allergy issues
- Vertigo/dizziness issues concussion symptoms
Dr. Bridget usually incorporates these techniques along with chiropractic care. Acupuncture, dry needling, and cupping sessions are generally 30 minutes. Most insurances do cover acupuncture care when it is associated with chiropractic care. Still, it is always best to check with your insurance to see if acupuncture is covered when done by a certified chiropractor.
Is Chiropractic Care Right for You?
Chiropractic is effective in treating many conditions such as back pain, neck pain, headaches, and so much more!